1. The surface area of Hvar Island is 299.7 km2 (the fourth largest island in Croatia)
2. Because of its many sunny days a year (2724 sunny hours each year) Hvar Island has nickname Sunčani Hvar (Sunny Hvar Island).
3. Hvar Island have mild climate, the warm winters and pleasant summers.
4. The island is mostly covered with pine forests, making it an extremely pleasant climate and vineyards that produce up to 50 000 hectoliters of wine annually.
5. Hvar receives many guests, travellers, scientists, and artists. In last 5 years, many celebrities like Clint Eastwood, Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones, John Malkovich, Brad Pitt, Jodie Foster, Eva Longoria, Gwyneth Paltrow, Steven Spielberg, George Clooney, Jack Nicholson, Kevin Spacey, Sean Connery, Daniel Craig, Pierce Brosnan, Andre Agassi, Jennifer Capriati, Gabriela Sabatini, David Beckham, Bernie Ecclestone, Eddie Jordan, Michael Schumacher, Bill Gates, Roman Abramovič, Beyonce, Jay-Z, Paris Hilton and others visited this island. First of all, because of luxury nautical tourism, most luxurious beaches in Croatia after beach parties and great nightlife.
6. But Hvar is not only yachting and cocktail parties. The island is best known for its lavender, that turns whole swathes of land into a fragrant riot of colour in early summer. As well as lavender and essential oils, you’ll find rosemary, honey and olive oils for sale among the many stalls.
7. Excavated over the first half of the 20th century, Grapčeva špilja is one of the best preserved Neolithic cave dwellings around the Mediterranean. Containing dramatic stalactites and stalagmites, it looks pretty much as it would have done some 3,000 years ago when it was inhabited – the oldest human remains found here date back to 4,000BC.
8. The secluded beaches and tiny islets around and off the coast of Hvar allow plenty of opportunities to shed your clothes and be at one with nature. For example: PAKLENI OTOCI where is highly developed luxury yacht tourism! Pakleni otoci or Paklinski otoci are Middle Dalmatian islands of twenty islands, islets and rocks on the southwestern coast of the island of Hvar.They are provided in parallel with the relief structures on the island of Hvar, from which they are separated by the Paklen Canal. Although there are three settlements on Sveti Klement, the largest island of the islands: Momić Polje, Vlak and Palmižana.
Whatever you are looking for on your vacation, you may find it here:
- night life and cultural attractions of Hvar town,
- boat and yacts excursions to Pakleni Islands,
- sandy beaches near Jelsa,
- Stari Grad in which past centuries mingle with modern tourist facilities,
- heavenly beaches under pine trees in Zavala,
- cool and exotic atmosphere of south cliffs in Ivan Dolac, Sveta Nedjelja or Milna,
- drive trough and sense lavander fields near Zastrazisce, Gdinj and Bogomolje,
- peaceful and stress relief secluded bays near Sucuraj